Saturday, January 12, 2008

tatay stuff

It's my dad's birthday next week. How come I'm not excited?

When I was a kid, we'd often have those dinner bash to celebrate that. Food would be overflowing, and to say that the cases of beer would be overflowing would be such an understatement. There'd be a banner hanging in the middle of our ground floor sala, "Happy Birthday Boss James", in bold, and every employee and friend would sign it. He'd have friends over our Sct. Gandia home and they'd have great food and greater amounts of alochol to celebrate his birthday, with people who calls him boss. Friends were an important factor in his life, you see. I guess it's hereditary and very much evident.

Everyone was happy.

And yeah, we've had family dinners too, although I can't exactly remember every birthday dinner 'cause he brought us out a lot.

Now I'd have to think of some new way to celebrate his birthday this year, aside from the dinner.

It's been almost five years. I'm still wishing he didn't die that time.

I guess I'd have to celebrate with some grabbed memory

No comments:

Post a Comment